Gautama Buddha is also known as Siddhārtha Gautama or simply the Buddha is the primary figure in Buddhism.
He is believed by Buddhists to be an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood and shared his insights to help sentient beings end rebirth and suffering.
In Vaishnava Hinduism, the historical Buddha is considered to be an avatar of the Hindu god Vishnu. Of the ten major avatars of Vishnu, Vaishnavites believe Gautama Buddha to be the ninth and most recent incarnation.
Gautama Buddha was born in Lumbini
The day of the Buddha’s birth is widely celebrated in Theravada countries as Vesak. Buddha’s Birthday is called Buddha Purnima in Nepal, Bangladesh, and India as he is believed to have been born on a full moon day.
Gautam Buddha also is known for giving best quotes about human life. He gave so many spiritual and inspirational quotes to this world. Which is really helpful for those who follow them in their life.
1. “Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth.”
2. “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.”
3. “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”
4. “Silence the angry man with love. Silence the ill-natured man with kindness. Silence the miser with generosity. Silence the liar with truth.”
5. “The forest is a peculiar organism of unlimited kindness and benevolence that makes no demands for its sustenance and extends generously the products of its life activity; it affords protection to all beings, offering shade even to the axe-man who destroys it.”
6. “When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.”
7. “Love is a fleeting emotion, to reach true nirvana one must know themselves and forsake love, for it breeds contempt.”
8. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
9. “Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and loving heart.”
10. “The trouble is, you think you have time.”
11. “There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.”
12. “You only lose what you cling to.”
13. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
14. “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it”
15. “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
16. “There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.”
17. “It is like a lighted torch whose flame can be distributed to ever so many other torches which people may bring along; and therewith they will cook food and dispel darkness, while the original torch itself remains burning ever the same. It is even so with the bliss of the Way.”
18. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change. ”