Jiddu Krishnamurti was a great philosopher, public speaker, and writer.
In his early life, he was groomed to be the new World Teacher but later rejected this mantle and withdrew from the Theosophy organization behind it.
He constantly stressed the need for a revolution in the psyche of every human being and emphasized that such revolution cannot be brought about by any external entity, be it religious, political, or social.
Krishnamurti was born on 11 May 1895 in Brittish India.
His books, quotes, and preaching have not only illuminated minds but evoked newer, never felt-before kind of revelations.
We have collected 17 path-breaking quotes from Jiddu Krishnamurti that will blow your mind away.
1. “You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life.”
2. “Tell your friend that in his death, a part of you dies and goes with him. Wherever he goes, you also go. He will not be alone.”
3. “Governments want efficient technicians, not human beings because human beings become dangerous to governments – and to organized religions as well. That is why governments and religious organizations seek to control education.”
4. “Follow the wandering, the distraction, find out why the mind has wandered; pursue it, go into it fully. When the distraction is completely understood, then that particular distraction is gone. When another comes, pursue it also. ”
5. “The ending of sorrow is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge is always within the shadow of ignorance. Meditation is freedom from thought and a movement in the ecstasy of truth. Meditation is explosion of intelligence.”
6. “It is love alone that leads to right action. What brings order in the world is to love and let love do what it will.”
7. “We are very defensive, and therefore aggressive, when we hold on to a particular belief, a dogmas, or when we worship our particular nationality, with the rag that is called the flag.”
8. “When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.”
9. “Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect … Your have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.”
10. “All ideologies are idiotic, whether religious or political, for it is conceptual thinking, the conceptual word, which has so unfortunately divided man.”
11. “But if you have no relationship with the living things on this earth, you may lose whatever relationship you have with humanity.”
12. “All outward forms of change brought about by wars, revolutions, reformations, laws and ideologies have failed completely to change the basic nature of man and therefore of society.”
13. “To understand yourself is the beginning of wisdom.”
14. “Freedom and love go together. Love is not a reaction. To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something, and it is only such love that can know freedom.”
15. “Only when the brain has cleansed itself of its conditioning, greed, envy, ambition, then only it can comprehend that which is complete. Love is this completeness.”
16. “Freedom from the known is death, and then you are living.”
17. “The ending is the beginning, and the beginning is the first step, and the first step is the only step.”