Osho also was known as Acharya Rajneesh, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, was an Indian godman and leader of the Rajneesh movement.
During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic.
In the 1960s he traveled throughout India as a public speaker and was a vocal critic of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi, and Hindu religious orthodoxy.
Osho emphasized the importance of meditation, mindfulness, love, celebration, courage, creativity and humor—qualities that he viewed as being suppressed by adherence to static belief systems, religious tradition, and socialization.
In 1970, Osho spent time in Mumbai initiating followers known as “neo-sannyasins”.
During this period he expanded his spiritual teachings and commented extensively in discourses on the writings of religious traditions, mystics, and philosophers from around the world.
In 1974 Rajneesh relocated to Pune, where an ashram was established and a variety of therapies, incorporating methods first developed by the Human Potential Movement, were offered to a growing Western following.
Osho teachings have had a notable impact on Western New Age thought, and their popularity has increased markedly since his death.
1. “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.”
2. “Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
3. “Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love.”
4. “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.”
5. “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle”
6. “Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love. And love cannot exist as a monologue; it is a dialogue, a very harmonious dialogue. ”
7. “My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”
8. “The real question is not whether life exists after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death.”
9. “Find ecstasy within yourself. It is not out there. It is in your innermost flowering. The one you are looking for is you.”
10. “In love the other is important; in lust you are important”
11. “Love and respect yourself and never compromise for anything. And then you will be surprised how much growth starts happening of its own accord.. as if rocks have been removed and the river has started flowing.”
12. “It is a strange thing, that every child is born with a closed hand, and everybody dies with an open hand !”
13. “Sex has become more and more attractive because of its condemnation by priests”
14. “The Truth Is That Existence Wants Your Life To Become A Festival Because When You Are Unhappy, You Also Throw Unhappiness All Around.”
15. “Enlightenment will be now the beginning, not the end. Beginning of a non-ending process in all dimensions of richness. ”
16. “Love is wild; its whole beauty is in its wildness. It comes like a breeze with great fragrance, fills your heart, and suddenly where there was a desert there is a garden full of flowers.”
17. “When you love, love as if the person is a god, not less than that. Never love a woman as a woman and never love a man as a man.”