Robert Nesta Marley was a Jamaican singer and songwriter.
Considered one of the pioneers of reggae, his musical career has been marked by blending elements of reggae, ska, and rocksteady, as well as forging a smooth vocal and distinctive songwriting style.
Bob Marley was born 6 February 1945 in Nine Mile, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica.
Marley began his professional musical career in 1963, after forming Bob Marley & The Wailers.
Over the course of his career, Marley became known as a Rastafari icon, and the singer sought to infuse his music with a sense of spirituality.
He is also considered a global symbol of Jamaican culture and identity, and was controversial in his outspoken support for the legalization of marijuana, while he also advocated for Pan-Africanism.
Bob Marley Quotes:
1. “You just can’t live that negative way.
You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day…”
2. “Things will be OK in the end. If it’s not OK, it’s not the end.”
3. “One love, one heart, one destiny.”
4. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.”
5. “If you’re white and you’re wrong, then you’re wrong; if you’re black and you’re wrong, you’re wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green – God make no rules about color; only society make rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now.”
6. “My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.”
7. “My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.”
8. “You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.”
9. “People want to listen to a message, word from Jah. This could be passed through me or anybody. I am not a leader. Messenger. The words of the songs, not the person, is what attracts people.”
10. “The devil ain’t got no power over me. The devil come, and I shake hands with the devil. Devil has his part to play. Devil’s a good friend, too… because when you don’t know him, that’s the time he can mosh you down.”
11.“What important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind.”
12. “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.”
13. “Herb is the unification of mankind.”
14. “In the high tide or low tide, I’m gonna be your friend… I’m gonna be your friend!”
15. “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds”