Chico Xavier was a popular philanthropist and medium in Spiritism.
During a period of 60 years, Chico Xavier wrote over 490 books and several thousand letters claiming to use a process known as “psychography and after his death, many dozens of books were issued based on old letters and manuscripts which gradually became public bringing the total number of books up to 496“.
In May 1927 his sister, Maria Xavier, was having mental disturbances, which many believed was caused by spiritual sources known as obsession (Spiritism).
This episode allowed Francisco to support his sister with his mediumship capacities and introduced him to the Spiritism Doctrine as well.
Chico Xavier became widely known in Brazil in 1931, when he published the book Parnassus Beyond the Tomb, which had 259 poems allegedly composed of 56 deceased Brazilian and Portuguese illustrious Poets.
In 1943, one of the most popular books of the Brazilian spiritist literature was published, the romance titled Nosso Lar, the best seller and most disclosed from the medium’s extensive psychographic writings; which became a movie in 2010.
Chico Xavier Quotes:
1. “When we have faith and discipline everything becomes easier. Patience is the mother of all virtues. With anxiety all our lives become worse.”
2. “The soul that acquires the virtue of forgiveness won’t find any more trouble. No matter what happens, he will know how to run his life …”
3. “We need to get rid of hate, envy, jealousy, discord in ourselves, so we can reach a solution in terms of peace in order to feel that time has come for human happiness.”
4. “Every little bit of peace I bring someone is worth the peace I never had.”
5. “I’m not irreplaceable … I’m nothing but grass growing on the ground; when the grass dies, another one replaces it …”
6. “When each one of us become an active and living book of lessons for those who see our examples, the boundaries of religious interpretation will give way to the new era of brotherhood and peace we’re waiting for.”
7. “Jesus Christ did not ask much from us, He did not demand that people climb Mount Everest or make great sacrifices. He just asked that we love one another.”
8. “In terms of changes, the spiritual mentors teach me that I must not forget those relating primarily to improve myself.”
9. “If I would expect better spiritual conditions to serve, I would not have started until the present moment.”
10. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.”
11. “Help those who make mistakes; your feet walk on the same ground, and even if you possess the possibility to correct them, you have no right to censure them.”
12. “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now, we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.”
13. “Aid the sick; thank the Divine Power for the state of equilibrium you are able to conserve.”
14. “If the individual could succeed in discovering through human experience the profound past, he, would more rapidly, reach the conclusion that all the opportunities that complement him in knowledge and health, come from Divine Kindness and, that most of the material resources that are at his disposition and desires proceed from injustice.”