Dan Brown (born June 22, 1964) is an American author most well known for his thriller novels.
His novels are treasure hunts set in a 24-hour period and feature the recurring themes of cryptography, keys, symbols, codes, art, and conspiracy theories.
His books have been translated into 57 languages, and as of 2012, sold over 200 million copies.
Brown’s novels that feature the lead character, Langdon, also include historical themes and Christianity as motifs and have generated controversy.
Dan Brown states on his website that his books are not anti-Christian, though he is on a ‘constant spiritual journey’ himself, and says that his book The Da Vinci Code is simply “an entertaining story that promotes spiritual discussion and debate” and suggests that the book may be used “as a positive catalyst for introspection and exploration of our faith“.
Dan Brown Quotes:
1. “Science and religion are not at odds. Science is simply too young to understand.”
2. “The more man learned, the more he realized he did not know.”
3. “Remember death. Even for those who wield great power, life is brief. There is only one way to triumph over death, and that is by making our lives masterpieces. We must seize every opportunity to show kindness and to love fully.”
4. “The laws of physics is the canvas God laid down on which to paint his masterpiece”
5. “Since the beginning of time, spirituality and religion have been called to fill in the gaps that science did not understand.”
6. “Open your minds, my friends. We all fear what we don’t understand.”
7. “Science itself caused half the problems it was trying to solve. “Progress” was Mother Earth’s ultimate malignancy.”
8. “Seven Deadly Sins. Saligia is an acronym for: superbia, avaritia, luxuria, invidia, gula, ira, and acedia.”
9. “One great work of art inspired by another.”
10. “Every faith in the world is based on fabrication. That is the definition of faith―acceptance of that which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.”
11. “The thing that’s going to make artificial intelligence so powerful is its ability to learn, and the way AI learns is to look at human culture.”
12. “It’s probably an intellectual weakness, but I look at the stars, and I say, ‘There’s something bigger than us out there.’”
13. “Two thousand years ago, we lived in a world of Gods and Goddesses. Today, we live in a world solely of Gods. Women in most cultures have been stripped of their spiritual power.”
14. “I consider myself a student of many religions. The more I learn, the more questions I have. For me, the spiritual quest will be a life-long work in progress.”
15. “Technology is changing the way we interact as humans.”