Edgar Cayce was an American clairvoyant who answered questions on subjects as varied as healing, reincarnation, wars, Atlantis, and future events while claiming to be in a trance.
Edgar Cayce is also notable for his contributions to the notions of diet and health, particularly the issues of food combining, acid/alkaline diet, and the therapeutic use of food.
Some consider him the true founder and a principal source of the most characteristic beliefs of the New Age movement.
Edgar Cayce was born on March 18, 1877, near Beverly, south of Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
Throughout his life, Edgar Cayce was drawn to the church as a member of the Disciples of Christ.
The growing fame of Cayce along with the popularity he received from newspapers attracted several eager commercially minded men who wanted to seek a fortune by using his clairvoyant abilities.
Even though Edgar Cayce was reluctant to help them, he was persuaded to give his readings, which left him dissatisfied with himself and unsuccessful.
Cayce said he became interested in learning more about these subjects after he was informed about the content of his readings, which he reported that he never actually heard himself.
Edgar Cayce Quotes:
1. “Individuals do not meet by chance. They are necessary for the experiences of others, though they may not always use their opportunities in a spiritual way or manner.”
2. “For as we forgive, we are forgiven; as we condemn others, we are ourselves condemned. Thus in patience condemn not, neither find fault; not condoning, not agreeing, but let thine own life so shine that others, seeing thy patience, knowing thy understanding, comprehending thy peace, may take hope.”
3. “Be happy–be in the attitude of ever being helpful to others. This will bring that peace within that is the promise from Him.”
4. “If you learn music you’ll learn most all there is to know.”
5. “Great numbers of children will be born who understand electronics and atomic power as well as other forms of energy. They will grow into scientists and engineers of a new age which has the power to destroy civilization unless we learn to live by spiritual laws.”
6. “A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes. We are attracted to another person at a soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual, we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves.”
7. “Each one who has a soul has a psychic power–but remember, brother, there are no shortcuts to God!”
8. “For, thoughts are things! and they have their effect upon individuals, especially those that become supersensitive to outside influences! These are just as physical as sticking a pin in the hand!”
9. “Dreams are today’s answers to tomorrow’s questions.”
10. “Birth in the physical is death in the spiritual. Death in the physical is birth in the spiritual.”
11. “Mind is indeed the Builder . . . what is held in the act of mental vision becomes a reality in the material experience. We are gradually builded to that image created within our own mental being.”
12. “You get to heaven on the arms of people you have helped.”
13. “As God’s purpose is to glorify the individual [hu]man (or soul) in the earth, so the highest purpose of an individual soul or entity is to glorify the Creative Energy or God in the earth.”