Sri Ravi Shankar is an Indian spiritual leader.
Sri Ravi Shankar is frequently referred to as “Sri Sri” (honorific) or as Guruji or Gurudev. He founded the Art of Living Foundation in 1981, a volunteer-based NGO providing social support to the people.
Sri Ravi Shankar was born in Papanasam, Tamil Nadu.
It is not limited to any one religion or culture. Hence it is open to all people. He feels the spiritual bond we share as part of the human family is more prominent than nationality, gender, religion, profession, or other identities that separate us.
Emphasizing that joy is only available in the present moment, his stated vision is to create a world free of stress and violence. His programs are said to offer practical tools to help accomplish this.
According to him, science and spirituality are linked and compatible, both springing from the urge to know.
He sees the breath as the link between body and mind, and a tool to relax the mind, emphasizing the importance of both meditation/spiritual practice and service to others.
In his view, “Truth is spherical rather than linear; so it has to be contradictory.”
Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes:
1. “Love is not an emotion. It is your very existence.”
2. “I tell you, deep inside you is a fountain of bliss, a fountain of joy. Deep inside your center core is truth, light, love, there is no guilt there, there is no fear there. Psychologists have never looked deep enough.”
3. “Today is a gift from God – that is why it is called the present.”
4. “Difference between motivation and inspiration – Motivation is external and short lived. Inspiration is internal and lifelong”
5. “If you can win over your mind, you can win over the whole world.”
6. “Worrying doesn’t make any difference, but working does and spirituality gives one the strength to work”
7. “Don’t Fall in love, Rise in Love!”
8. “In true love there is no heartbreak. A broken heart means broken demands, broken expectations, broken hopes.”
9. “The path of love is not a tedious path. It’s a path of joy. It’s a path of singing and dancing.”
10. “We all cried when we came into this planet, but it is important, that at least when we go, we are happy and smiling. Do not have regrets in life. You should feel that, ‘I have done what I had to do, and whenever the time to leave this body comes, I will die happily’.”
11. “If someone blames you directly, do not believe it. Just know that they are taking away your bad karma and let it”
12. “To someone who is sleeping, it doesn’t matter whether he’s in a prison or in a palace. One who is asleep doesn’t even feel the bondage.”
13. “Free from feverishness or desires in the mind, united with your Being, centered, when you act without expecting something from it, without wanting to grab or take anything, your action becomes perfect and free from blemishes.”
14. “There is a skill to learning. It is all about what is and what is not. While Science is knowing what is, Art is creating what is not.”