Samael Aun Weor was born Víctor Manuel Gómez Rodríguez was a spiritual teacher and author of over sixty books of esoteric spirituality.
Victor Manuel Gómez Rodriguez was born on March 6 in Bogotá. He was baptized in the Roman Catholic Church but later rejected the Church of Rome.
In his autobiographical account, The Three Mountains, Samael Aun Weor stated that because he was born with awakened consciousness, he was analyzing the previous lives in which he awakened his consciousness before mastering how to walk.
At the age of 17, he was asked to lecture at the local Theosophical Chapter, and a year later was admitted into the occult society Fraternitas Rosicruciana Antiqua (F.R.A.).
Samael Aun Weor wrote about social problems in the books The Social Christ and The Social Transformation of Humanity.
The Social Christ is primarily concerned with a comprehensive critique of Marxism or Dialectical Materialism but deals also with the injustices of the Capitalist system.
In his works, Occult Medicine and Practical Magic, Igneous Rose and others, Samael Aun Weor taught about elemental magic.
In the former work, he expressed his opposition to the medicine of modern science, allopathy, and called for the Gnostics to learn the ways of Indigenous and Elemental Medicine.
Samael Aun Weor referred to his teachings as ‘The Doctrine of Synthesis‘, which not only emphasizes the existence of the perennial philosophy but that its highest teleological function is the accomplishment of ‘Christification‘ and ‘Final Liberation.‘
Samael Aun Weor Quotes:
1. “Whoever submits himself to a super-discipline can expect great triumphs.”
2. “The physical union of a man and a woman, in essence, is a supernatural act, a reminiscence of paradise, the most beautiful of all the hymns of praise dedicated to the Creator by the creature; it is the alpha and the omega of all creation.”
3. “Kindness is a much more crushing force than anger.”
4. “In order for love to exist, there has to be an affinity of thoughts, affinity of feelings, identical preoccupations.”
5. “To remember oneself and to relax the body is something we have to do constantly.”
6. “Three marital bonds exist: Karmic, Dharmic, and Cosmic. The first is of pain, misery, hunger, nakedness, disgrace. The second is of success, bliss, love, financial progress, etc. The third is only for the select, pure and holy souls and bring inexhaustible happiness.”
7. “We have to speak the truth always, at any cost, and no matter what.”
8. “Be humble in order to attain enlightenment. Thus, after attaining it, be more humble still.”
9. “The Perfect Matrimony is the union of two beings; one who loves more, and the other who loves better. The best religion available to the human race is Love.”
10. “Wisdom and Love must balance mutually. Wisdom without Love it’s a destructive element. Love without Wisdom can lead us to error: love is the law, but conscious love.”
11. “It is necessary for the mind to become free of the illusions of this world and become a fine and marvelous instrument of the Inner Being.”
12. “The sun of truth rises in the human being and illuminates his world when he lifts his mind from the darkness of ignorance and selfishness into the light of wisdom and altruism.”