Soulmates: different souls that we encounter on the path that is cut from the same “energetic cloth” as us and are sent to help awaken and challenge us so we can become the best versions of ourselves.
Twin Flames: when our own “energetic cloth” grows so big with love that our energy splits into two. This other half becomes our Twin Flame. This often occurs over many, many lifetimes.
The higher purpose of a Soulmate relationship is the growth and evolution of one’s own consciousness.
Whereas the higher purpose for Twin Flames is creating a higher vibration and consciousness for the entire planet through ascending together.
Essentially, Soulmate relationships help us to raise our own consciousness, whereas Twin Flame relationships have the effect of raising the consciousness of the entire planet.
Everyone has Soulmates but not everyone has a Twin Flame.
This does not mean that a Twin Flame is just reserved for “special people”. We are all souls sent here for a unique, special experience and that experience may include a Twin Flame, or it may not.
Soulmates can be relatives, friends or lovers. Often the purpose of the Soulmate relationship is to help you both grow and evolve into your fullest potential.
Soulmates can come and go from our lives as necessary, but usually, their entrance into our lives can feel fated, like we have known them before and that there is a strong bond or connection.
Soulmate relationships can also be romantic, however, they don’t have to be. While we have many Soulmates, we can only have one Twin Flame and often the purpose of this relationship is not just romantic.
Even though a romantic relationship can occur between Twin Flames, the purpose is much, much greater and is beyond this earthly plane.
When Twin Flames come together, it is often to achieve something on an energetic level to help expand the consciousness of the planet.
Usually, when Twin Flames unite, there is a strong desire for them both to create something together that is going to help raise the consciousness of the planet.
It often takes many lifetimes for Twin Flames to achieve this, so it could be possible that you meet your Twin Flame, but are unable to complete your mission together just yet.
Once you have both learned to master the relationship, you will both ascend together and complete your work away from the physical dimension of earth.
Unlike Soulmate relationships, Twin Flame relationships often don’t focus too much on “challenges” and instead focus more on growth.
While Soulmate relationships can be awakening and can help you to discover who you truly are, Twin Flame relationships are about coming together for the service of others.
With Twin Flame relationships, the magnetic pull is always going to be there on a strong level. With Soulmates, the magnetic pull may change in strength depending on where you are both at in your evolution.
So, how can you tell whether you are in a Soulmate or Twin Flame relationship?
- Feel fated or “destined” in some way
- The relationship does not need to be romantic, although it can be
- There is a strong connection that may change or fluctuate in intensity
- There are often challenges presented in order to change or shift things in your life
- The relationship brings about a strong life lesson or a change in your life path
- The relationship can uncover and release past pains, hurts, and traumas so healing can occur
- There can be a strong past life connection
- The relationship may not last or may feel different once the lesson has been learned
- The relationship helps you to awaken to a higher level of consciousness or spirituality
Twin Flame Relationships:
- Feel fated or “destined” in some way
- The relationship does not need to be romantic, but there is often a connection felt on all levels
- There is a strong connection that feels constant and stable
- There are challenges but they are more about the “self” than the other
- The relationship brings about a desire to team up together in order to create
- The relationship almost forces you to respond with love as a way to survive together
- There can be a strong past life connection together and if highly advanced, it could feel as if it is both your last lifetime on earth
- Whether you are romantically involved or not, you will always feel a strong connection to this person, but you don’t need to be around each other to experience the connection
- The relationship helps to prepare your for ascension into another dimension and helps to instill a higher consciousness of the planet
Often soulmate relationships are experienced on a mind, body and soul level, whereas Twin Flame relationships are experienced on a mind, body, soul and celestial/Universal level.
There are also no real rules with this, so the ultimate way to determine the difference between Soulmates and Twin Flames is to follow your own intuition and what feels right to you.
Sometimes it can be difficult to determine the difference, however away from labels, it doesn’t really matter what type of relationship you are in as long as it feels good to you.
*This article was originally published at foreverconscious.com By Tanaaz.