Have you ever met a stranger, and known exactly what their strengths and weaknesses are within minutes?
Or have you been able to foretell if a project is going to fall through months before anyone else in your team could see it?
Congratulations. You might be one of the lucky few who has the gift of claircognizance.
What is claircognizance anyway?
Claircognizance is a way of tapping into your intuition and the spiritual realm to get clear insight that gets processed through the mind. It is not the same as critical thinking – it’s more of a sudden sense of ‘just knowing’.
And it is not to be confused with other psychic gifts:
- Clairvoyance – seeing symbols, angels, and getting mental images;
- Clairaudience – having an internal and external hearing;
- Clairsentience – feeling whether a spirit is in the room and getting those ‘gut feelings’ about people and situations.
What’s the difference Claircognizance and being an empath?
Claircognizants are often confused with empaths. Being an empath means that you’re able to pick up on other people’s energies.
You ‘just know’ what they feel and desire, even if they don’t know it themselves. Your life is often an amalgamation of other people’s moods, desires, and thoughts that you soak up simply by going about your daily business.
Claircognizance works very differently.
It literally means ‘clear knowing’.
Individuals who possess claircognizance are not necessarily affected by other people’s emotional states, even though they may be aware of them.
So if you’ve ever felt like you ‘just know’ things, without necessarily having an emotional reaction to the fact, then keep on reading to find out if you too may possess this precious gift…
Are you a claircognizant?
Are you quite logical in your dealing with everyday situations? Do you see problems as different puzzles that you’re eager to solve? Do you frequently get spontaneous ideas?
Do you see problems as different puzzles that you’re eager to solve? Do you frequently get spontaneous ideas? Do you frequently get spontaneous ideas?
A defining feature of claircognizants is that this intuitive information arrives through the mind. Not through the heart, the gut or any other organ.
It’s as though vast amounts of knowledge, information and understanding can fit inside your brain, where it all gets processed as if by magic, and you don’t have to work hard to get to a solution.
You don’t even have to have all the evidence for a solution that’s going to work.
Things just click, your subconscious or intuition kicks in, and you ‘just know’ that it will.
10 signs that you may have Claircognizance
If you’re not sure if that’s you, here’s a further 10 signs that you may possess Claircognizance.
1. You have a clear knowing whether an idea is going to work out or not, even if you don’t have any solid proof of the fact. Others may disagree with you but it doesn’t change your sense of knowing.
2. You can tell when someone is lying, even if no one else can.
3. You get inspiring ideas frequently, and you can’t wait to share them with the world.
4. When you lose an object, sometimes you can tell exactly where it is if you focus your attention hard enough.
5. When people present you with a problem that they’ve been trying to solve for a long time, the answer just pops into your head, making their day.
6. You can read a person’s character within moments of first meeting them – you pick up details in their behavior (subtle gestures, ticks and ways of speaking) that other people might miss. This gives you plenty of insight. And most of the time, your observations turn out to be true.
7. You like logic and order, and digging deep to find the real cause of a problem. You read a lot. And you probably enjoy a game or two of chess.
8. Even if you’ve never tried playing a musical instrument before, after a few lessons you seem to just know how the keys go together to form particular sounds. A few months in, you may be composing your own songs.
9. Your mind is quite busy, constantly processing things, impressions and details that other people may miss, to reach your own conclusions. You might have an urge to write it all down. You don’t necessarily get fatigued by all the thinking – for you, reaching conclusions is often the best way to clear your mind.
10. You really enjoy learning. And it’s not limited to courses or books. You learn daily, from the situations and relationships that occur around you. What other people call an average day, for you is filled with new information that your mind is constantly processing.
5 ways to develop claircognizance
Developing claircognizance and really trusting in the ability, can save you lots of time that you’d otherwise spend, weighing out the pros and cons before you take your next bold step in life.
It a skill well worth investing in.
The good news – as opposed to being an empath (something that you’re either born with or not), there are ways you can develop claircognizance.
Here are 5 ways you can develop ‘clearer cognizance’:
1. Engage in automatic writing.
Automatic writing is a great way to develop your abilities. Ask a question that’s on your mind. Put it down on paper. Set the timer for twenty minutes, and get writing.
Try to do this regularly. The answer may come to you in this session or over the course of the next few, but the writing practice will help your mind clear away all the debris to get to the real insight that’s hidden away in the subconscious.
2. Note down when you feel those ‘I just know’ moments.
Become aware of when you receive insights. The better you become at identifying these moments, the more you’ll be able to tell what claircognizance feels like.
3. Trust in your ability.
When you feel a moment of clear insight, act on it. Don’t wait for months, only to look back and realize that you were right about something all along. Look back on all the times that this has been true for you, to build a trust in your own ability.
4. Practice assertiveness and build your confidence.
It can be difficult to act on something that no one else seems to agree with. So if you struggle to put trust in your ability of claircognizance, work on your confidence and assertiveness first.
5. Read and learn as much as you can.
People with clear claircognizance traits enjoy logic and order. They read lots and learn all the time. So their insight of claircognizance develops by the vast amounts of information that their mind has processed.
Learning a new language, picking up a new musical instrument or solving some fun mathematical puzzles just for fun are also great ways to develop claircognizance.
If you recognize the gift of claircognizance in yourself, then trust the information that you receive, even if you may not have all the evidence to prove it just yet.
If you look back at a situation from months before, a lot of the time you’ll find that the information you received through claircognizance was right. Remember that Claircognizance is designed to help you, not to hinder you.
*This article was originally published at readingswithmatt.com.